Sunday, March 25, 2007

Horrible Travesty at the Kitchen Sink

I was just washing my Bodum french press that I bought about 3 weeks ago and it shattered in my hands. I didn't drop it, or hit it with a frying pan, I was holding it gently and washing it with a sponge. I am really pissed off right now. And to top it all off, I now have no way to make my own coffee tomorrow, so I have to go to a coffee shop and pay two dollars for a freaking cafe americano which will be only marginally more delicious than what my press pot would have made me for two dollars cheaper. Damn you, Bodum.

6 comments:

Kj said...

So, now that you've finally updated your blog after a month, do you think you'll update your webpage to reflect the fact that you're no longer sleeping on your friend's floor? Or is that somehow still metaphorically true for you?

Cabe said...

I appreciate your skills of observation. No, I have no immediate plans to change it, in fact you may have noticed that I have expanded its influence on my internet life to this blog as well. I do still find significance in it, although it is now more metaphorical. There is still a sense where I wonder what the hell I am doing in Seattle, and what home means at this point in my life. I feel much more at home now that I own a bed and all, but I still feel pretty in flux and temporary a lot of the time too. I actually created that web page after I left Redmond. So to more concisely answer your questions: no, and yes.

Kimberly said...

It is pretty comical what makes the blog :). I have to tell you the same travesty happened to me this semester, right after I had bought a lovely half pound of Pete's Major Dickason's blend, which is a total graduate school budget splurge. I, too, thought I was being quite gentle to my beloved french press, only to have it seemingly shatter in my soapy hands...very sad... as life's trivial difficulties go :)

Cabe said...

Trivial? I invite you to grieve your loss.

Mmmmmmm, Major Dickason's is delicious. That was what I was going to get next for my press. Now I just need a new press :(

Kimberly said...

Yes, I still have not replaced mine either...I suppose it is time.

Your most recent entry is rather compelling...and I would love a conversation on it one of these fine days.

Cabe said...

I'll be game.